Double V Contracting is one of the leading Vegetation Management companies in Alberta. Our team of professionals offer a full range of vegetation management services to the Alberta oilfield and industrial sector, while achieving the highest standard of safety.
Double V Contracting is currently seeking self-motivated, reliable and experienced individuals to join our team as Herbicide Applicators. If you enjoy working outdoors, are physically fit and looking for a position with available overtime, we want to hear from you!
The specific responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Application of herbicide to oil lease sites, gas plants and roadsides
- Operate and maintain pesticide application equipment
- Navigate highways and backroads using maps and GPS
- Record details of work performed
- Communicate effectively with clients and co-workers
- Perform other related duties as required
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Previous experience in herbicide application is an asset
- Physically fit
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License (Driver’s Abstract required)
- Standard First-Aid/CPR
- H2S Alive
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol test
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Agricultural or environmental background is an asset
- Alberta Industrial Pesticide Applicators Certificate is an asset
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume via email to email@example.com. Recruitment will continue until the end of April. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.